Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Crown Princess Victoria in Japan - Day 2.

Photo:  Jessica Gow/TT
The Crown Princess's second day in Tokyo began with a visit to an Aeon supermarket. Aeon is Japan's leading retail group, which operates malls, department stores, supermarkets and pharmacies. 
The company is one of Japan's key actors in sustainable fishing, and they are actively working to integrate sustainability aspects into their purchasing policies for fish and shellfish.
Photo: Jessica Gow/TT
During the afternoon, the Crown Princess participated in a seminar on the UN Global Sustainability Goal, organised by UN University in Tokyo. The theme of the seminar was the promotion of the UN's global sustainability goals with a particular focus on sustainable seas.
Photo: Jessica Gow/TT
The Crown Princess gave the following speech:

Your Imperial Highness,Rector, Ladies and Gentlemen. Just over 60 years ago, Japan joined the United Nations as its 80th member: Secretary-General at the time was Dag Hammarskjöld, a Swedish diplomat with a great interest in Japanese poetry. His diary notes, published after his death, contained 110 haiku inspired poems. At the time of Dag Hammarskjöld’s secretary-generalship, the environment was barely on the UN agenda. It was an age of ecological innocence. Today, we know better. Today, we know that environmental crime – like poaching, wildlife trafficking and illicit fishing – is a global security issue. We know that the effects of climate change affect poor countries to a greater extent than richer parts of the world. And we need only to open a newspaper to read about drought-related violence killing men, women and children. The facts are there, in plain sight. The question is: how do we act upon them? I would like to quote something that the UN Secretary General Dag Hammarskjöld said at the University of Chicago in 1960. In a speech that he would later refer to as his “confession of faith”, he stated:“Working at the edge of the development of human society is to work on the brink of the unknown”.  He added that much of what is done will one day prove to have been of little avail. But, he said, there is no excuse for the failure to act in accordance with our best understanding. Our best understanding. The facts on the table. A year and a half ago, the UN General Assembly adopted the 2030 agenda for sustainable development and its 17 global goals. This was a major achievement by the member states. I am convinced that Japan, with its long history of great contributions to the work in the UN, will be a force to reckon with in the years to come. All my life, I have had the privilege to live near the water. My most precious childhood memories are connected to the sea. So when I had the honour to be appointed as Advocate for the global sustainable development goals, it was an obvious choice for me to focus on issues related to water and health. It is this commitment that has brought me to Japan - and to this seminar here at the UN University. Today, we are going to talk about sustainable oceans. But what we are really talking about is our ability to feed a growing global population. Fish is the largest source of animal protein in the world. But almost 60 percent of all stocks are already fully fished. 30 percent are even overfished. Let there be no doubt: the situation is urgent! The figures can be overwhelming. But let us remember: together, we have a superpower. The power of consumer demand. The choices we make in our everyday lives have enormous impact on the future of our planet. As consumers, we have a right to know and an obligation to ask. We need to let producers know that we want the right choice to be the easy choice. So please, let us make use of that superpower! Today and every day. Dag Hammarskjöld spoke about working on the brink of the unknown. Today, just like then, we have more questions than we have answers about the future.  Will we be able to limit global warming to two degrees Celsius? Will we succeed in our efforts to end poverty and hunger?And will future generations thank us for what we did, or blame us for not doing more?  The truth is, we don’t know. But we do know that Dag Hammarskjöld was right: We all have a moral obligation to act in accordance with our best understanding. And right now, that means doing everything we can to achieve the Sustainable Development Agenda. This is not only our obligation; it is our only option. Thank you.
During the seminar discussions about the global goals were held, how young people can be inspired to contribute to the achievement of the goals and the state of the world.


Photo: Jessica Gow/TT
The seminar is linked to the forthcoming UN conference The Ocean Conference, held in June in New York. Sweden and Fiji have jointly taken the initiative to support the work of saving the world's ocean and achieving the global sustainable development target for marine and marine resources, Objective 14 of the UN Agenda 2030.


Photo: Jessica Gow/TT
The Crown Princess's day ended with a dinner together with Princess Takamado of Japan.





Share:

7 comments:

  1. We produce real and fake passports,drivers licenses,ID cards,birth certificates,diplomas,Visas,SSN,Marriage certificates,divorce papers,Marijuana license,Credit cards,US green cards,University degrees,counterfeit money,ORIGINAL DIPLOMAS / TOEFL / IELTS / TOEIC,Payslips,Bank Statements,Utility Bills,Car titles,Templates,SSD chemical solution and activation powder used for cleaning coated black money, and other documents for a number of countries
    -IDs Scan-yes
    -HOLOGRAMS: IDENTICAL
    -BARCODES: IDS SCAN
    -UV: YES
    Contact EMAIL…………….; glodocuments12@gmail.com

    glodocuments12@gmail.com


    WhatsApp……1 (405) 362-9809

    website https://www.worldwidenoveltydocumentation.com/

    We produce the optimal quality of real database registered documents, where we record all the client's information in the supposed database system, and everything will be completely genuine, and the client can legally use the document without any problems.

    This real documents will pass all airport scans and other data reading machinery or systems. Whenever this actual document is verified, all the client's information will show up in the supposed database system and everything will be genuine.

    For instance; if you want us to produce you a US Passport, we shall register all your Biometric and Vital information in the US central database system under the government recognition. So this real Passport will pass all airport scans and checks, and you would be able to use the document legally without any problems.

    Acquiring a second passport can expand rights and freedom. For an American, the benefits include free world travel and fewer problems from officious border guards or nosey customs and immigration officials. A second passport opens doors offshore otherwise closed to Americans. Best of all, dual citizenship and a second passport can be your key to reduced taxes and increased asset protection and it could even protect your life. For a citizen of a totalitarian country or one that holds a passport with pure visa-free travel it means complete freedom of movement along with the right to live and work in a normal developed society. passports licenses driving licenses passports include "Good News"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. There is a very easy subtitle method in which you can use to get an identity cards, drivers license, birth certificates, passports, and a good number of others without having to go through what i term a challenging process. Reach me out for directions on how to easily get one of these vital paper work.


      Whats app # +1(352)405-1569
      Email Id : sales@biometricdocuments.com
      Website http://biometricdocuments.com/

      Delete
  2. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346










    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hello all my viewers My name is Amanda Benson from USA!I am very happy for sharing this great testimonies,The best thing that has ever happened in my life is how I win the Lotto Max jackpot.I am a woman who believe that one day I will win the lottery.finally my dreams came through when I email Dr ackugbe and tell him I need the Lotto Max jackpot numbers.I have spend so much money on ticket just to make sure I win.But I never know that winning of the Lotto Max jackpot was not easy until the day I meant the spell caster online which so many people has talked about that he is very great lottery spell caster,so I decide to give it a try.I contacted him and he did a spell and he gave me the winning lottery numbers which i use to play .But believe me when the draws were out I was among winners.I win TWO million usd dollar. with the WINING NUMBER GIVE TO ME BY Dr clement, truly you are the best, anyone can wining lottery with help of Dr clement, am so very happy to meet the great Dr ackugbe,I will be forever be grateful to you in case anyone also need such help from dr contact him email. acukgbespiritualtemple@gmail.com or whatsap him for your own help to win your own lotto max via +2347051758952.(CANADA)thanks you Dr.clement can also cure all sickness or any infection disease with herbal medicine list here
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ASTHMA
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} MONEY SPELL
    10 IMPOTENCE
    11 PENIS ENLARGEMENT
    miscarriage herbal medicine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many people have written articles about how they were helped but I am very grateful to this great man who brought my ex-husband back to me. This testimony is a true story and my name is Jennifer Sanchez. When I came in contact with this man was also through a testimony written about him helping with a cure for Herpes Virus and I have also encountered many testimonies about how he has been helping others with their life. To get back with an ex is one of the most innermost feelings many people would love to experience especially as those memories with our ex always cloud our mind when someone else does some of those things our ex used to do. I was a single parent of two boys for almost 6 years and though my ex-husband was not staying with me and the kids I still wish someday he will return to me. This doctor I encountered is known as Dr. Odunga helped me with my wishes and I am happy to write on this website that my ex-husband is back with me. I am very happy to share the testimony with everyone so that they too can meet this great doctor and solve their problems. I don't know what others might feel about getting their ex back in their life but I always know there is a blessing in disguise with just a single re-connection with an ex. If you want to successfully get back with your ex or facing an infertility problem, contact this great man at odungaspelltemple@gmail.com Or WhatsApp/Call +2348167159012 and share an awesome testimony too just as I did

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pozdrav svima, svima onima kojih se to možda tiče, ovdje sam da podijelim opipljivo svjedočanstvo o tome kako sam dobio svoju financijsku slobodu od g. Davidsona Alberta. Dobio sam njegov kontakt od kolege na poslu i pokušao sam s njim, uvijek ću mu biti zahvalan što mi je pomogao da dobijem osigurani zajam kojim sam riješio svoje financijske probleme. Ako ste zainteresirani za dobivanje kredita, možete ga kontaktirati putem e-pošte: davidsonalbertloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete